The Pastoral Search Committee of Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church (EMBC) greets you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Believing that God is the one who calls pastors to shepherd His people (Jeremiah 3:15) we launch this search.We are prayerfully seeking God’s choice for the position of Senior Pastor here at Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church.The Pastor must be God-fearing, demonstrate an enthusiastic love for Christ, possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the bible, utilize the Baptist Doctrine, and embrace the established vision to grow EMBC.
Today, the age range of EMBC members reflect a decline in membership, however, we believe that we can effectively grow our membership through the gospel of Jesus Christ and the aid of the Holy Spirit.
Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church is a warm and welcoming church family, serious about our love for Jesus Christ, our community, our youth, our seniors, and every member. We believe that through love, faith, unity, and God’s amazing grace we will build a stronger, more conscientious, and faithful generation.As Ebenezer moves forward, we will continue to carry the legacy of our past, walk in the blessings of the present, and anticipate the manifestation of the Holy Spirit in our future.
The Pastoral Search Committee of Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church (EMBC) believes the following qualifications will help us to understand the kind of leader we will be searching for in our next Pastor.
- our next pastor should be an approachable person, one who models faithful leadership in the home and allows that to follow into the leadership at church,
- teaching, meeting the needs of our community, and implementing our vision are the three areas the senior pastor should focus most of his energy/time on,
- experience with growing a church, experience as an associate or senior pastor at a church of similar or larger size are the two most important aspects regarding experience,
- passionate about reaching young people and young families, inspiring and challenging preacher and teacher, and deals with conflict well are the three most leadership qualities,
- extensive ministry experience is the most important attribute concerning experience,
- increased/renewed vision for the church, successfully assimilating into the church culture and growth in numbers are the first three priorities during the first twelve months,
- pastor, visionary and teacher are the three most important strengths,
- honest and trustworthy, prayerful and wise, faithful and steadfast are the three most important character traits.
Pastor's Job Description
The Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
- Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
- Visit members and prospects.
- Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies, conduct funerals, baptism, baby christenings (dedications), and ordination of deacons and ministers.
- Serves as ex-officio member of all ministries in the church, lead in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the church ministries.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committee members/teams as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in their ministry.
- Act as a moderator of church business meetings.
- Serve as chief administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of the staff.
- Conduct bible study and any educational programs consistent with biblical teaching and spiritual growth.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Pastor are not limited to those listed above.
Qualifications and giftedness should be pursuant to 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Timothy 5:17, 2 Timothy 2:24-25 (Holy Conduct), Malachi 3:10 (Tither), and Galatians 5:22-23 (Christian Conduct)
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a licensed, ordained Baptist Minister in accordance with the Baptist Doctrine and procedures that has received the Divine calling and has demonstrated the commitment to the call.
- Ordained minister with at least five years of verifiable Baptist Church experience as an assistant pastor, associate pastor, or senior pastor.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A graduate degree or Master of Divinity degree (M.Div.) from an accredited seminary preferred.
- Must have excellent church administration and organizational skills.
- Must have a clear understanding of the Baptist Doctrine and Articles of Faith.
- Must be an effective communicator, demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver biblically sound lessons and messages.
- Must have a verifiable record of community involvement.
- Must be willing to support and participate in local, state, and national Baptist conventions.
- Must be able to articulate Ebenezer’s vision for the church that emphasizes spiritual growth and development.
- The pastor must serve to provide spiritual leadership that will lead the congregation to live in service for Christ.
All applicants must provide the following information:
a. Letter of Intent (Cover Letter)*
c. Copy of Ministerial License*
d. Sealed college transcripts*
e. Sealed Official Verification of Theology training/Degree*
f. Completed Application*
g.Three (3) letters of recommendation (2 clergy, 1 personal)*
h.Other information/items may be required throughout the interview process
*You will be asked to upload these documents to your application. Make sure that the following documents are in .pdf, .doc, docx or .pages format.
Final candidates shall consent to a reference check, a full background check including criminal history, a drug test, and credit check.These checks will be performed by an outside agency for complete confidentiality.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation, including salary , and other benefits will be offered consistent with candidate’s experience and Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church’s compensation guidelines. All applications must be submitted by October 31st.